|St. Mary Parish & School|
Welcome to the Catholic faith community of Saint Mary! |
The St. Mary parish family exists to provide an encounter with Christ through the power of the Holy Spirit. We offer ministries that nurture and support a Christian way of life for our parishioners, community, and the world.
Saint Mary Parish and School builds up the Body of Christ through:
* An excellent Catholic School and pre-school
* A religious education program for grades K through 12
* Preschool Catechesis of the Good Shepherd program
* Adult Bible study during Advent and Lent
* Lenten Soup Suppers
* Monthly Euchre Night at the Parish Center
* A Befriender program to visit the sick and shut-ins
* A parish library located in the Parish Center
* Prison Ministry Program
* A barrier-free bathroom by the east entrance of the Church
* Vibrant Youth Ministry program
* Active Knights of Columbus Council
The cornerstone for the first church of St. Mary was laid on June 27, 1905. The church was dedicated in 1906, taking the name of St. Mary of the Immaculate Conception. The first resident pastor was Reverend John A. Mulvey, who was appointed in June, 1908.
A new church building was completed in 1970. It was designed by architect William Wesley Peters, Tatiesin Associated Architects of the Frank Lloyd Wright Foundation.
The new Church of St. Mary is a round structure built to seat 700. The sweeping cone of the main roof rises to a central apex surmounted by a spire. A colored translucent skylight extends from the central spire to the area over the sanctuary. The main altar, of stone composition, echoes the circular theme of the church.
Tuesday 9:00 am
Wednesday 12:00 pm
Thursday 9:00 am
Friday 9:00 am
Saturday 9:00 am
Saturday 4:30 pm
Sunday 11:00 am
Website powered by Network Solutions®